Wednesday 4 July 2012

Cleansing and the undrinkable


So this may look like your standard berry squeezed juice or maybe even a slightly over diluted frothy Ribena, but this was so much more for all the wrong reasons. Healthy eating was going well so kept the ball rolling and visited a health cafe called About Life- Very hippy esque and gum bunny clientele. Thinking I was the ultimate health guru I thought I'd try something a little out of the ordinary- The veggie juice


And wow believe it or not it tasted of vegetables. In fact it felt like I was chewing on a bundle of nettles. So much so I had to power neck half the glass before ordering an Orange Juice to wash it down and deciding there was no way in hell I would have another mouthful if someone payed me in rupees. 



I opted for The Cleanser: Kale, Carrot, celery, ginger and beetroot with chlorophyll. Yes it tasted as nice as it sounds, although I didn't feel cleansed just very very violated. I could probably tolerate it with a bad cold and served in shot glasses, but unfortunately I prefer my juice of the fruit variety.


Everyone seems to be blogging and raving about quiona so thought I would give it a try, but after having the devil's drink my lack of faith in this healthy grain made me want to run screaming to the nearest McDonalds demanding extra gherkins slapped on to my big mac por favor.


I ordered the Nourishment Bowl and it came with quiona (duh), stir fried broccoli, kale and an unidentified object with a tahini dressing. The quiona had a nutty texture similar to brown rice and had a soy flavour. I was expecting more veggies with it though, which is surprising as I'd just had a cup load of them. 

My verdict. Veggie juice- No. Not ever is this OK to drink. Quiona- Dig in and prepare to be nourished.

A few snaps of the sister's eatings- Omlete with brie and salmon served with sourdough toast. All thumbs up minus the coffee (there was no coffee in the coffee...)




No comments:

Post a Comment