Tuesday 22 May 2012

Garden grazing

Finally! After a false call yesterday, the sun arrived. Blogging with a slightly pinker complexion, it is fair to say I am a rather modest lobster colour and got a bit over excited by this sudden heatwave. 


This is probably at fault from lazing in the garden all day from breakfast until I caught a glimpse of my reflection and saw an offensive shade of rouge red. In my breakfast bowl I had rice crispies AND crunchy nut cornflakes with strawberries, goji berries and milk.


Quick and easy to make with more time to pink, but still simply delicious and enjoyed on the garden bench.


Calories: 158

Following the success of the spinach smoothie, I was craving another green juice for lunch and this one was ten times more refreshing for today's summer day. The quenching of thirst in action.


I exchanged the berries for more green veg and even a green apple. I tried to distract myself from the greenness of this beverage by putting it in a tall fancy glass. Needless to say when I had a swig the colour (regardless of it being too green and looking too healthy) didn't matter. 


At least it matched the grass.

Wash spinach, cucumber and celery.


Blitz with sliced green apple and 1/2 frozen banana.


One glass filled to the brim with veggie goodness.


Gulped down with pepper and carrot sticks dipped into sun-dried tomato hummous and sweet onion rivita on the side.


Now to slam dunk my face into a bowl of natural yogurt. Too pink, too much garden grazing.

Calories: 317

No comments:

Post a Comment